When founded in 1983, the theater originally began on the lot where the Northern Pacific Depot Museum now resides. Efforts to secure the Kelly building were successful and the theater location changed in 1984. After several years in the building, several grants were secured enabling the remodeling of the downstairs, changing the storefront, installing a furnace and painting both inside and out.
Other upgrades in the past five years included a new furnace and air conditioning system, new theater seats, and remodeled dressing rooms for the actors located upstairs at the theater.
The building has a very colorful past and is the only wood building that remained in the present day downtown that wasn’t destroyed by a fire in the 1890’s.